(Brightonís Warp and Weft Magazine - November 1944)
It is with pride and pleasure that Warp and Weft
publishes these first pictures of the recently
completed Brighton Clinic. New and modern in the
most minute detail, this project attests to the high
standard of perfection which comes with Brightonís
every undertaking. A marked advance on the road of
progress of this community, the clinic will prove to
be of inestimable value to the people of Shannon in
time to come.
The clinic is located in the building which was
formerly used as the main office. In April of this
year the office force moved near by into a new
building and work began to convert their former
quarters into an attractive and efficient clinic.
This work was completed during the summer and now
Dr. H. E. Dawson and his assistants have moved from
their building on Second Street to their new home
near the mill entrance.
This clinic is probably the best equipped building
of its kind in this section of the state. Nothing
has been spared in making it so. The people of
Brighton are indeed fortunate in having such
adequate medical services near at hand.
In this building there is an attractive reception
room, where visitors will be greeted by Mrs. W. C.
Casey, clinic receptionist. Members of the Brighton
Family will be made comfortable here while they wait
to see the doctor. Another room in the building is
the examining room. Here Dr. Dawson will determine
the source and nature of various diseases and
ailments. There is also a fully equipped laboratory
where tests and analyses can be run with a minimum
of time and effort. All of these rooms, together
with views of several others, are pictured on this
The entire Brighton Family should take a great deal
of pride in this new building and in the staff which
will occupy and manage it. Dr. Dawson, who came to
Shannon in 1941, will carry on the splendid work
which he has been doing for the past three years.
Miss Vanita Tate, R. N., will continue her numerous
clinic duties and will also spend much time in
visiting various homes of the community. Tirelessly
and cheerfully, these members of the Brighton
medical staff are ready at all times to render any
necessary service to the men and women of Shannon.
[Editorís Note] This article was written
before a devastating fire destroyed the new office
building, making it necessary for the clinic to move
to other quarters so that the office force could
carry on its work in the clinic building. Work is
already well on the way toward restoration of the
office building, and the indications are that before
many weeks have passed the Brighton Clinic will
again be in operation in its new home.
Medical Examining Room - 1944
New Medical Building
on the Grounds of Brighton Mill in Shannon 1944